Karluk Manor is the inaugural project-based Permanent Supportive Housing facility in Alaska and includes 46 furnished efficiency units and uses the Housing First model. Each unit is approximately 220 feet and includes one bathroom. The first building is a two-story structure with 10 units. The building has a main entrance/lobby area, an office, a laundry facility, and a storage room. The second building includes 36 units and is an elevated two-story structure with parking underneath. Read more about Karluk Manor.
Who is Eligible to Live at Karluk Manor?
People eligible to reside at Karluk Manor must be identified as a beneficiary of the Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority, homeless according to the standards of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), must be known to be affected by chronic alcoholism, and must have an income below 30% of the area median income for a single person.
In order to apply for the project, you must be on the Anchorage Coordinated Entry list and be prioritized for referral. See the attached flyer on access points to placement on the Coordinated Entry List.
What Services Are Provided?
RurAL CAP provides specialized on-site services tenancy and behavioral health services:
- Assistance to access services: medical, mental health, financial, legal, employment
- Life skills training
- Assessment and therapy
- Crisis intervention and safety planning
- Community engagement activities
- Chore and housekeeping services twice a month
- Ensuring that those who qualify for low-income bus passes have access
- Providing meals delivered onsite 7 days per week
Requirements of Tenants
- Must pay rent based on sliding fee scale
- Must follow their lease
- May not panhandle or loiter on the premises or in surrounding areas
- Must follow visitor policies and all guests must sign in and out of the building
- No smoking in rooms
- All participation in services is voluntary, but staff work to engage Tenants
- No drinking in common areas or outside
Funded with the support of Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
|Equal Housing Opportunity Statement: We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.|