Want to make a difference in your community? Consider joining the Resilient Alaska Youth AmeriCorps program. As an AmeriCorps member you will serve to reduce the incidence of youth substance abuse and suicide by Engaging youth in culturally-rich, skill-building activities while promoting wellness, positive identity and healthy relationships.
Some activities that former AmeriCorps members have hosted include:
- Traditional dancing/singing
- Language revitalization
- Traditional tool, trap & net making
While serving to increase youth resiliency in your community, you will also have an opportunity to build your professional skill set, below is a list of some of the program benefits enjoyed by AmeriCorps Resilient Alaska Youth members.
Paid professional orientation and in-service trainings hosted in Anchorage
- $1,310 monthly living allowance during your term of service.
- The opportunity to design a novel program in your community to serve local needs.
- Health insurance and childcare assistance.
- An Education award for furthering your education upon successful completion of your term of service in the amount of $5,730.
Applications are below – in order to apply you must:
- Complete the ‘Resilient Alaska Youth’ member application.
- Find a host agency in your community (typically the tribal or city government, school or local non-profit) although most agencies are eligible to host an AmeriCorps member. Have them complete the ‘host organization application’
- Submit the member application, letters of support, and host agency application for placement consideration
The Recruitment process is further detailed in the ‘AmeriCorps Overview Letter’ linked to below.
Have questions? Contact Charlie Ess 907.865.7355 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Not located in a rural Alaska community but still want to serve? Check out www.myamericorps.gov for current position openings in Alaska with RurAL CAP.